Zinc is a trace element, an essential mineral that has several important functions:
- ● Helps make new cells and enzymes.
- ● Plays a role in the immune function.
- ● Helps us process carbohydrate, fat and protein in food.
- ● DNA synthesis, cell division & supports normal growth & development during pregnancy, childhood & adolescence.
- ● Required for proper sense of taste and smell.
- ● Helps with the healing of wounds
- ● A daily intake of Zinc is required to maintain a steady state because the body has no specialised Zinc storage system.