Miessence Certified Organic Products
Good oral care doesn’t need to cost the Earth. Making a small change to your daily habits is good for your overall health and well-being as well as the environment.
• Get plenty of deep greens into your diet by taking Miessence DeepGreen daily.
• Reduce the amount of processed foods and sugars you eat each day.
• Don’t leave the water running when you brush your teeth and use a glass of water to rinse.
• Be gentle with your gums - teeth need brushing, not scrubbing. Being too vigorous with the toothbrush can result in sore and bleeding gums.
• Regular flossing or using interdental brushes also helps keep teeth clean and reduce the incidence of decay.
• Consider making the change to biodegradable toothbrushes which can be made from bamboo, cornstarch, compostable plastics and cellulose. Most toothbrushes are made from plastic and then are simply thrown away after use, which chokes landfill.
Miessence Oral Care Miessence oral care products contain only proven dental hygiene ingredients and are free from artificial chemicals, flavours and sweeteners that might be harmful to your family.
Benefits of Organic Oral Care Many people are becoming increasingly concerned about the ingredients in most commercial preparations of toothpaste. And as toothpaste manufacturers on their packaging instruct ‘do not ingest’, then it is worth examining what is in the most common formulations.
• PEG – 12 (Dioxane) Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive), Contamination concerns.
• Propylene Glycol FDA says is safe for general use but can cause cancer and contains toxins that affect reproduction.
• Propyl paraben, methyl paraben (parabens) Hormone mimicking properties; may cause breast cancer.
• PEG/PPG 38/8 Copolymer, PEG/PPG 116/66 Copolymer (Dioxane) Organ system toxicity.
• Flavour Ingredient not fully labelled – identity unknown.
• Sodium Fluoride Cancer, Developmental/reproductive toxicity, Endocrine disruption.
• Sodium Hydroxide Neurotoxicity, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive).
• Triclosan (Dioxane) Endocrine disruption.
• Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive).
• Hydrated Silica Persistent, bioaccumulative in wildlife and humans.
• Polyethyene (Dioxane) Cancer, Allergies/immunotoxicity, Organ system toxicity (non-reproductive).
• Sodium Monofluorophosphate Developmental/reproductive toxicity.
The Truth Behind Dental Health The secret to good oral health begins with a diet rich in vitamins and minerals and low in refined foods which result in higher acid levels in our bodies which can be harmful for teeth and gums. Food that is high in refined carbohydrates and sugars are metabolised by the bacteria in plaque which results in tooth decay.
Leafy Greens, Pearly Whites By improving our diet, we can also improve the state of our teeth. Enjoying a diet with greater amounts of leafy deep greens will help the bodies receive the necessary vitamins – particularly Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin D – and minerals including calcium and phosphorus. Unfortunately most of us don’t eat enough leafy greens which is why Miessence developed DeepGreen Alkalising Superfood to help the body to receive the essential enzymes and chlorophyll found in leafy deep green vegetables, grasses and algae.
Chlorophyll Chlorophyll is believed to help build up tooth enamel. Miessence DeepGreen Alkalising Superfood can help balance the body and improve bone density. A healthy diet, regular flossing and brushing using an organic toothpaste that is 100% free of harmful chemicals is the foundation for good oral hygiene.
The Advantage of Miessence Oral Care Miessence toothpastes do not contain fluoride, aluminium, artificial sweeteners or detergents – only proven natural ingredients. Miessence toothpastes are safe if they are ingested.
These ingredients combine to clean teeth, help create fresh breath including:
• Bicarbonate of Soda a mild abrasive which is effective in cleaning teeth without damaging tooth enamel.
• Stevia Rebaudiana a natural sweetener 300 times sweeter than sugar, but without the calories and without the dental caries problems.
• Clove clove oil is antiseptic, stimulating and pain-killing.
*Article from Miessence